Yes, occasional treats are allowed here. Eating healthy as a lifestyle does allow room for occasional cakes. Emphasis on “occasional”. When I eat cake, it is hardly ever store bought. I make mine using the best ingredients. This banana bread fits the bill.
Yummilicious Banana Bread
- 4-5 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Set oven temperature to 350 F
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl (wet ingredients)
- Mix ingredients 5-10 in a large bowl (dry ingredients)
- Pour wet ingredients mix into dry ingredients.
- Gently mix until the batter just comes together. It may be lumpy. Don’t over mix.
- Prepare baking pan by spraying with bakers joy or brushing with melted butter.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes to an hour. A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean.
- Remove cake and let it cool for about 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
Let me know if you try the recipe!